Upcoming events in Tübingen
Sex Hormones and the Brain
Winter School on “Sex Hormones and the Brain” that will take place at the University of Tübingen, Germany, from 31 January to 2 February 2018. It is organized by the Universities of Tübingen, Germany, and Uppsala, Sweden, within the Matariki Network of Universities.
Talks will cover the impact of human sex hormones on essential aspects of mental health and disease, including structural and functional brain connectivity, (social) cognition, metabolism, mood and gender. There will be keynote and honorary lectures by Vibe G. Frojkaer (Copenhagen), Ute Habel (Aachen) and Niels Birbaumer (Tübingen). Participants are encouraged to present posters highlighting their most recent data.
Registration deadline (extended): 17 November 2017.
Conference for Junior Neuroscientists
NeNa is an annual event organized by Tübingen University doctoral students. The conference is largely for neuroscientists from various disciplines. Interested students are encouraged to join and help make NeNa a fun and interactive conference. The topics at NeNa are integrative and diverse and individuals from a range of interests are able to feel comfortable presenting their work while gaining exposure to research they may not have heard about otherwise. NeNa provides young neuroscientists the opportunity to meet and discuss their research projects with peers and more experienced scientists.
When & Where: 16 – 18 October 2017 @ Schramberg (Black Forest)
Registration website: www.neuroschool-tuebingen-nena.de
- Pregnancy and the Brain: Behavioral and neural adaptations in a sensitive transition period 25th May 2018
- Robotic arms: reality or fantasy? 14th May 2018
- Harry Potter and the art of narrative misdirection 7th May 2018
- Meet a scientist: Prof. Dr. Peter Heutink 7th May 2018
- What are your plans for the weekend? 2nd May 2018
- How to defeat bad work habits 2nd May 2018
- Three days of Winter School: Sex hormones and the brain 18th April 2018
- The Sirens’ of Odysseus – or Sisyphus’ Boulder: An ode to science and art 18th April 2018
- From science to data science: How do I best move to industry as a PhD or Postdoc? 17th April 2018
- The Path to All Optical Neurophysiology 14th January 2018